CV Writing – Tips
We would like to share some tips with you to create the perfect cv. You only get one change to make a good first impression on your future employer, so why not with a great cv that shows how professional you are!
- Make sure your CV is tailored to the job you are applying for
- Match your personal qualities to capture the specific attributes required for the job
- Emphasis key areas in your employment history relevant to the job you are applying for
- Make mention to other skills, qualifications or passions you have that you can bring to the job
- Ensure your document is clearly presented and easy to follow
- Ideally keep your CV to a maximum of 2 pages
- Personal Details – full name, address, date of birth, marital status, contact number and email
- Educational History (If relevant – depending on your age)
- Employment History – start with current and work backwards.
- Core Skills – for example confident with Microsoft Office applications, or specifically PowerPoint or Excel, ability to speak a 2nd language
- Additional Qualification or achievements (not directly related to the role for which you are applying but none the less relevant, showcasing transferable skills)
- Hobbies and Interests
- Referees details (or available upon request)